Friday, August 8, 2008

Narrow Escape and Getting Closer


As a young child, I had a tendency for freak accidents. I poured laundry detergent in my eyes when I was 1, ran my leg into a car exhaust pipe when I was 3, and had a rock thrown by a friend pierce my forehead when I was 8. I also had my lip severed(and subsequently had plastic surgery) when I was 13 on a trampoline.

But today on a job, I luckily didn't remove a toe from my foot.

While putting a wooden table into a truck, Evan, my co-worker, was utilizing the lift button and we were waiting to get lined up with the lift of the truck so we could scoot it in.

However, Evan didn't realize my foot wasn't out of the way and kept lifting up, pinning my left toes between the lift and the lip of the truck. He finally stopped the lift and I got them out and I attempted to "walk it off" but that solved nothing so I looked at it and my left toenail was gone.

It was a nasty sight and getting it patched up with a pair of shots wasn't fun but it could've been worse.

Meanwhile, school starts in 17 days. The first football game is 22 days away. I'm stoked for both.

And who else is tired of Brett Favre?

No comments: