Sunday, August 17, 2008

8 Medals and all things Olympics


Michael Phelps etched his name in sports history when his team won their relay Saturday night, giving Phelps his 8th gold medal of the 2008 Olympic games.

Phelps was simply remarkable the entire week and showed the world what greatness is all about, competing at a higher level than any other athlete ever.

He has now become an icon in sports, and I can't tell you how many Facebook statuses I read which said something to the likeness of: Phelps is amazing! or I love Phelps or Phelps=Gold or one by a girl which read: Phelps + Me = Marriage.

Watching him compete was a treat to all and made the Olympics what it should be, showcasing the world's greatest athletes. And man was he great.

Gay disappoints

I felt bad for Tyson Gay as he didn't get a chance to compete for Olympic gold in the 100 meters. Instead, it went to the Jamaican superstar Bolt, who can absolutely fly. He looks like he's not even running hard and that everyone else is simply hauling just to keep up with him. I've got a Jamaican buddy who's going to let me hear it when I see him next because he said "Bolt will not lose," when I said Gay would win.

Redeem Team on track

The U.S. men's basketball team continues to shine and continues to illustrate why we are the best in the world at hoops, as we pummeled Spain today.

LeBron, Kobe and Dwyane Wade are a little too much for any team to handle, and I see no roadblock in the path to the gold for the basketballers.

School starts in 8 days!

No comments: