Thursday, July 10, 2008

From the penthouse to the outhouse


I was at work today unloading copiers into a storage facility when I got a text that said "Matt Jones is dumb" from a friend, so I replied and said 'Why?'


I got my answer when my friend subsequently called me and informed me that MJ, the former Arkansas star and Jacksonville Jaguar receiver, had about six grams of cocaine on him last night in a Dickson St. parking lot.


Why Jones would be in that parking lot that late at night is beyond me? If he was going to do cocaine, why would he do it there, of all places, at that time of night?


It was almost like he was asking to get caught. I'm still flummoxed by what motive he had to do it. Maybe it was a release for him or just something he did around his friends, but was he selling it?


If so, why? He has more than enough money. It's something I'm going to be perplexed over for quite some time.


On a lighter note, maybe Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones will use this opportunity to bring another Jones in who's looking to get over the stigma of trouble(i.e. Pacman).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Good job writing it.

Anonymous said...

Nice! Amazing job.

Lacee Blue said...

Wow, I didn't think that he might have meant to get caught! Good thinking. But still...oh well, hopefully he will still play for Jacksonville because I like them.

Luke Dockery said...

Though I'm equally ignorant about Jones' motivations, I really wasn't too surprised.

Oh well, now we can root for D-Mac…it should be at least a year until he gets in trouble for off the field issues.