Sunday, June 8, 2008

Another missed opportunity

When I was awoken by my father Saturday afternoon to learn that Big Brown had indeed finished LAST in the Belmont Stakes, I wasn't at all surprised.

I figured that the horse wouldn't win simply because every other horse that has tried recently has failed. And yet again, we saw another failure.

But sometimes, don't we all miss opportunities to do things simply because we go with the flow and everyone else is doing the same thing. We miss opportunities due to the fact of not caring or ignorance, etc.

This summer, I want to seize every opportunity that I can and make the best of it. I feel that in the past, I maybe haven't always done what I could have or put aside things that I could have accomplished.

Oh yeah, and Game 2 of Lakers/Celtics is tonight. Kobe needs to rebound and get his shooting back to par.

1 comment:

Blake said...

I lost $1200, a kitchen table and chairs set, a Nalgen bottle, and my left foot thanks to Big Brown. What a punk, his Jockey should be put down.